A seasoned product leader recognized for entrepreneurial thinking and a pragmatic, data-driven approach to delivering growth at scale.
Expertise in building high performing teams across mobile gaming, e-commerce and two-sided marketplaces in startups and large organization alike.
Strong track record in start-ups a co-founder, business builder and media spokesperson:
– Co-founded the first Arabic social network with close to 1 million users. Maktoob (which was later acquired by Yahoo) acquired ‘Faye3.com’ the first Arabic social network that won the Queen Rania award for entrepreneurship in 2007 and merged it into its existing products to create ‘Maktoob friends’. A social network Sohaib managed and grew to become the largest product in Maktoob.
– Founded a gaming portal in 2005 which was acquired by d1g.com in 2006.
– Endeavour Entrepreneur, 2011
– Co-founded Wizards Productions, one of Jordan’s 1st gaming studios in 2008, raised multiple rounds of funding from regional investors and VC’s.
– Current advisor to Tamatem Games, the Middle East’s leading mobile game publisher.
– Product lead at 7awi building some of the top media destination in the Middle East and collectively reaching 20+ million unique users per month.
– Currently working as a senior product manager at Booking.com/s HQ in Amsterdam.